Grinding is the core task of the ball mill. The purpose of the ball mill is to grind large pieces of ore, which must go through the grinding process. How to measure the quality of the grinding process of the industrial ball mill? Are there any metrics? In fact, yes, we divide the indicators for measuring the grinding process of ball mills into two categories, namely quantitative indicators and quality indicators.
(1) Processing capacity
The concept of processing capacity: The processing capacity of the ball mill grinding machine is actually the processing capacity per hour, that is, the amount of ore processed by a mill per hour under the feeding granularity and product granularity. The processing capacity of any equipment should be a hard indicator to measure the industrial grinding mill, and the quality of the grinding process of the ball mill can also be measured by the processing capacity. However, the premise is to clarify the feeding granularity and the discharging granularity, and also distinguish whether they are in the same concentrator. The processing capacity of the mill directly determines the quality of the work of each mill. However, in different concentrators, the specifications of the mill may be different, and the particle size of the ore feeding and the particle size of the product are also different.
(2) Processing capacity per unit volume
This indicator reflects the influence of the volume of the ball mill, which is scientific, but still has the defects of the previous indicators. It is necessary to specify the ore particle size and product particle size.
(3) Mill mesh utilization factor
This indicator reflects the influence of the volume of the mill, and for the influence of the ore particle size and product particle size, the working effect of the mill is evaluated by the newly generated mesh tons per hour per cubic meter of the mill volume. This index can scientifically reflect the working effect of different mills with different feeding particle sizes and product particle sizes, and is also called unit volume productivity.
(1) Grinding efficiency: "t (raw ore)/(kW·h)" or "-200 mesh t/(kW·h)" indicates the level of energy use efficiency.
(2) Grinding technical efficiency: The grinding technical efficiency can technically evaluate the quality of the grinding process. The higher the grinding technical efficiency of the mining ball mill for mining processing, the better, and the lower the grinding technical efficiency, the worse the grinding.
(3) Unit consumption of grinding steel balls: In grinding, about 40% of the cost of grinding operations is consumed on steel consumption, most of which are steel ball consumption. Therefore, the unit consumption of steel balls is listed as one of the important indicators for evaluating the work performance of the dressing plant.
During grinding mill design, Only by measuring the quality of the grinding process of the ball mill through the two dimensions of quantity index and quality index, can more accurate and pertinent suggestions be given. The correct selection of the mining ball mill will not only affect the grinding process, but also the subsequent mineral processing process. Therefore, when selecting the model of the ball mill, it is necessary to consider various factors, and the quality of the grinding process is only one of them.